Live Interactive KFOR Radar

Warming tray left on overnight sparks fire at N.W. Oklahoma City KFC

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire crews extinguished a blaze at a northwest Oklahoma City restaurant Friday morning.

Fire officials say the manager walked into the KFC near N.W. 122nd and Penn. around 8:45 a.m. and discovered the fire.

The manager told firefighters that a warming tray had been left on overnight.

Fortunately, there were no injuries.

Chicken and paper products in the vicinity of the warming tray were destroyed in the fire.

The fire caused about $35,000 in damage.



This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.