OKLAHOMA CITY- Reporter opening at the NBC affiliate in Oklahoma City.
To gather, edit, and present the news for the newscasts.
• Two years reporting experience.
• Strong writing skills.
• Must be able to work under extreme pressure, stress and deadlines.
• Must be available to work unusual hours, holidays and weekends.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
• Develop personal contacts for news story development and maintain those contacts on a regular basis.
• Represents the station at community functions and events as required and is involved in several community organizations.
• Serves as a leader within the news room offering advice, editing and suggesting stories as required.
• Works closely with the show producer writing scripts for air, editing copy, and making show run-down suggestions.
• Handles responsibility for cut-ins, headlines, and teasers as assigned by the producer.
• Acts as a street reporter, leaving the station to gather news stories, interviewing individuals and preparing that for air when returning to the newsroom.
• Propose daily story suggestions for news coverage.
• Enterprise special assignment reports.
• Be on a regular on-call rotation
• Participate in social media; prepare reports for various websites
• Perform other duties as assigned.
For consideration please apply to www.tribunemediacareers.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.