Guthrie house destroyed by blaze, leaving family of 11 without a home before Thanksgiving

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Credit: Guthrie News Page

GUTHRIE, Okla. – A family of 11 is homeless this Thanksgiving after their home suffered extensive damage due to a fire this past weekend.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 300 block of S. Elm on Sunday morning after passersby noticed smoke coming from the roof.

Fire crews were able to wake up two adults who were still sleeping inside the house. They told firefighters that their nine children were not at home at the time of the blaze.

As crews battled the flames, the roof became fully involved and collapsed.

At this point, investigators believe an electrical issue may be to blame for the blaze.

According to the Guthrie News Page, the home appears to be a total loss, leaving the family of 11 without a home to call their own.

A GoFundMe page for the family claims that the nine children range in age from 2-years-old to 14-years-old, adding that the family did not have home insurance.