SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. – Police in California are investigating a possible case of food tampering after a 12-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital.
Authorities say a 12-year-old boy began feeling sick after eating a Baja Fresh salsa bar on Saturday and was taken to the hospital.
A short time later, the restaurant’s manager called police after smelling a strong chemical odor in the self-serve bar, according to KCRA.
Investigators are not sure what the substance is, but employees say it smelled similar to bleach.
The boy was treated for symptoms related to food poisoning and was released.
So far, no arrests have been made.