Live Interactive KFOR Radar

12-year-old boy rushed to hospital after possible food tampering

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. – Police in California are investigating a possible case of food tampering after a 12-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital.

Authorities say a 12-year-old boy began feeling sick after eating a Baja Fresh salsa bar on Saturday and was taken to the hospital.

A short time later, the restaurant’s manager called police after smelling a strong chemical odor in the self-serve bar, according to KCRA.

Investigators are not sure what the substance is, but employees say it smelled similar to bleach.

The boy was treated for symptoms related to food poisoning and was released.

So far, no arrests have been made.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.