EDMOND, Okla. – A locally owned business was destroyed by an electrical fire.
However, the business has been able to stay afloat - thanks to the generosity of a neighbor.
In late October, Personal Touch Monograms in Edmond caught fire and owner Deborah Fleetwood was left picking up the pieces.
"I got a phone call from the lady who runs the church, and she told me that she had drove by and saw fire trucks and that my business was on fire,” Fleetwood said.
Fire officials told Fleetwood it was electrical fire that started with a power outlet.
When she got to the scene, walking through the debris was the hardest part.
"It leaves you speechless,” Fleetwood said.
Fleetwood said they lost $75,000 worth of merchandise in the fire.
"We were only able to save a few glassware, and we went ahead and saved our counter that was cute and we really liked. We'll have to paint and refurbish it, of course,” Fleetwood said.
However, the generosity of the folks at the North Edmond Bible Church two doors down is helping the business continue operations.
"They called me up and wanted me to operate business out of their church location as long as I needed,” Fleetwood said.
She said it’s just another example of the Oklahoma standard.
"I don't know what we would have done if it hadn't been for them,” Fleetwood said.