Fire officials believe space hearter caused fire at N.W. Oklahoma City apartment

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire officials believe a space heater caused a fire at a northwest Oklahoma City apartment.

Initial reports indicate an apartment near Britton and MacArthur Blvd. caught fire around 12:45 p.m. Friday.

Firefighters evacuated the building.

Fortunately, no one was injured.

After extinguishing the blaze, investigators determined the fire was caused by a space heater.

Officials have not released any more information at this time.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.