Mother finds thumb tack in 2-year-old’s Snickers candy

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - A mother in Utah says she is keeping her children away from candy after finding an extra ingredient in a bite size Snickers.

Kassidy Maxfield was hungry, so she grabbed a few Snickers candies from her 2-year-old's stocking.

The first couple of pieces of candy were fine, but when she began to eat the third piece, she knew something was wrong.

"I bit down and there was a thumb tack in it. It was hard and I spit it out and a little gold thumb tack right in the middle of it," she told KSTU.

She says she wasn't hurt but it was definitely a surprise, especially since the candy was meant for her 2-year-old son.

Maxfield alerted Mars, and the company offered to send her coupons.

She says she is not interested in filing a lawsuit, saying she simply wants to alert parents to potential danger.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.