Suspect in Midwest City’s first ever triple homicide turns himself in to police

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MIDWEST CITY, Okla. - A man accused of killing three people in Midwest City turned himself in to police Friday.

The homicide was reported around 8:45 p.m. Saturday at a house in the 500 block of E. Babb.

Police said a 911 caller told them "something bad" happened at the house.

Upon arrival, they reportedly found three men dead inside.

All three victims had been shot to death.

A woman, who was reportedly inside the house at the time of the triple-homicide, told police the man responsible for the murders is her boyfriend, 42-year-old Romon Pugh, also referred to as 'Ramon Pugh' in some court documents.

The woman told police she was inside the house with her 10-year-old daughter when the shooting occurred.

According to the arrest warrant, Pugh had invited three of his friends to the house that night.

The friends were identified as 51-year-old Terrence Jackson, 39-year-old Donielle Gregory and 39-year-old Darrel Barksdale Jr.

Pugh and the three men were drinking vodka, smoking marijuana and talking for most of the evening, the arrest affidavit states.

The woman and her daughter were in a different room of the house while the four men talked in the living room.

Around 8:45 p.m., the woman said she heard multiple gunshots coming from the living room.

The woman said she grabbed her daughter and escaped through a window.

The woman told police, as she was getting in her car to leave, Pugh walked out of the house and went up to the driver's side of the car.

She was scared Pugh was going to shoot her, an arrest affidavit states.

The woman said Pugh was whispering and talking really quiet.

She told police that she thought he said "I'm gone."

The woman then left the scene and called her mother, who then called police.

"It's just a sad situation when you have three lives that were lost and everything seemed to be fine and then all of a sudden gunshots erupt and we have three dead inside the home," said Midwest City Police Chief Brandon Clabes.

Pugh is a convicted felon who has done time for shooting with intent to kill, gun possession and cocaine possession.

He was charged with first-degree murder in 1997 but was acquitted by a jury.

Police have been searching for the suspect since Saturday.

Friday afternoon, Pugh turned himself in to police.

He is now facing three counts of first-degree murder.

Two people were arrested earlier this week for helping Pugh avoid capture.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.