Follow storms on KFOR live interactive radar

Resources available to Oklahomans affected by the wildfires

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture has a number of specific programs to provide assistance to Oklahomans impacted by the

The type of assistance available is dependent on factors unique to each individual.

It is important to review all available options to determine which program and type of assistance fits your situation.

  • Emergency Loans (EM)
     Available based on the physical loss of property,
    including cattle and stored hay lost in a wildfire,
    and buildings and fences damaged or destroyed
     Loans may be made for the full cost to replace the
    property lost, but certain deductions may apply.
     Applications must have an acceptable credit history
    but be unable to obtain credit from conventional
    sources (bank, farm credit system, etc.).
  • Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP)
     Financial assistance to producers of non-insurable
    crops, including forage.
     Applicants have to meet application deadlines and
    coverage limits apply.
  • Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP)
     Available to producers whose grazing losses due to
    fire are on federally managed rangeland
  • Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
     Available to livestock producers for livestock
    deaths caused by adverse weather, including
    wildfires exacerbated by eligible adverse weather,
    but only covers 75 percent of the market value of
    the livestock.
     Can only be used for livestock produced for
    commercial use as part of a farming operation.
  • Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honey Bees, and
    Farm-Raised Fish Program (ELAP)
     Emergency assistance for losses during relatively
    unusual circumstances unique to an individual.
  • Tree Assistance Program (TAP)
     Assistance to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees,
    bushes, and vines lost by natural disasters produced
    for commercial purposes.
  • Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) – Emergency Use
    of Conservation Reserve Program Land
     Emergency use of CRP in the form of haying and
    grazing can be allowed in circumstances related to
  • Emergency Conservation Program (ECP)
     Can provide cost-share assistance to rebuild fences
    and other agricultural infrastructure.
     Farmers and ranchers with coverage through the
    federal crop insurance program administered by
    the Risk Management Agency (RMA) should
    contact their crop insurance agent to discuss
    available options.
     Provides assistance to people effected by wildfire
    through the Conservation Technical Assistance
    (CTA) and the Environmental Quality Incentive
    Program (EQIP) available through local service

Practices Eligible for Wild Fire Disaster Event

  • EC-3 – Restoring Permanent Fence
     Replace arm fences used for agricultural purposes.
  • EC-4 – Restoring Conservation Structures
     Provides assistance to repair or replace damaged
    windmills or solar units for livestock water.

For more detailed information on these programs you can utilize the U.S. Department of Agriculture resources.