Everything we know about the deaths of beloved Edmond business man and the man accused of killing him

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY - A man accused of killing a beloved Edmond business man was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in his jail cell over the weekend.

Just after 3 p.m. last Tuesday afternoon, Oklahoma City police were called to a man's home in the 4100 block of Cherry Hill Lane in the Greens housing addition.

The owner of McCall’s, Steve Gibson, said he became concerned when 79-year-old Beaux McGlothlin didn’t show up for work Tuesday morning.

McGlothlin had worked at the upscale men’s clothing store McCall’s in downtown Edmond for 24 years.

Beaux McGlothlin, 79

After another employee went to McGlothlin's home, they called police.

According to the probable cause affidavit, officers found McGlothlin dead inside his home.

Police said the man appeared to have been bludgeoned to death.

At the same time, investigators noticed that his Tahoe, cell phone and checkbook were all missing from his home.

The affidavit states that investigators were able to track McGlothlin's cell phone and caught up to a woman, who said she took the phone and several other items from a Tahoe that was being driven by 30-year-old Aaron Spottedcorn.

When police caught up with Spottedcorn, he reportedly admitted to being in possession of the Tahoe and had "several stained areas on his clothing" that investigators thought may be blood.

While searching through an area where some of the stolen property was stored, the affidavit says that authorities also discovered a plaster statue was covered in what appeared to be blood.

Aaron Spottedcorn was arrested last Thursday on one complaint of first-degree murder, concealing stolen property, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and possession of a controlled dangerous substance.

Aaron Spottedcorn

On Sunday, April 9, Spottedcorn was found unresponsive in his jail cell.

Police say he was being housed in a cell by himself.

Spottedcorn was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Authorities confirmed to KFOR Monday morning that it appears Spottedcorn hanged himself in his jail cell.

He was reportedly checked at 11:20 a.m. with no concerns noted.

When officials checked on the man at 12:45 p.m., Spottedcorn was found unresponsive with a sheet around his neck.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has been called in to investigate the case.

The medical examiner is working on determining an exact cause of death.

Data pix.
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.