Oklahoma Watches and Warnings
Watch KFOR Live Interactive Radar

Candle left burning catches car on fire inside garage in N.W. Oklahoma City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY--Firefighters were called out overnight after a car caught fire inside a garage.

It happened in the 1400 block of NW 129th and Terrace.

Three people who were home at the time of the blaze got out safely.

Fire officials say a candle was left burning on a plastic shelf inside the garage.

The shelf was against a wall in front of the vehicle.

The candle burned a hole in the shelf and fell onto the car causing it to catch fire.

The car was nearly a total loss. Damage estimates were set at $21,000.