Crews extinguish house fire in northwest Oklahoma City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire crews battled a house fire early Thanksgiving morning.

It happened around 12:30 a.m. near NW 16th and May.

Officials say the homeowner and her boyfriend started a fire in the fireplace.

Both left the home and the fire spread.

Officials estimate the damage to be at least $40,000.

The fire is still under investigation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.