Live: Lincoln Co. officials discuss two teens arrested in connection to alleged murder plot

Fire at Oklahoma senior living facility displaces 30 residents

MUSKOGEE, Okla. – 30 residents at a senior living facility in Muskogee were displaced following a fire.

It happened Thursday around 2 p.m. at the Fair Haven Manor apartments.

Fire crews told KJRH the fire started after a man, who lived on the bottom floor of the building, fell asleep with a lit cigarette.

That cigarette then caught fire to a nearby chair and spread quickly throughout the building.

A man was also rescued by firefighters from a second-story balcony.

KJRH reports multiple people were taken to the hospital.