DENISON, Tex. – A 4-year-old boy who suffered a brain injury nearly seven months ago got a life-changing gift for Christmas this year!
According to KXII, back in May, Dylan McFarland was choking on a bead when his family’s car broke down on the side of the road.
Thankfully, two strangers stopped to help and were able to get Dylan to the hospital.
He was later flown to a Dallas hospital and spent several weeks in the ICU.
“A very scary situation, he was unable to walk, he couldn’t walk,” said Dylan’s mom, Jerilyn McFarland.
To help Dylan recover, he was introduced to Mario, a trained service dog, in August.
“Dylan can use the support from the dog to help himself walk and to balance,” said Dexter Morin, Owner of Paws In Hand Canine Consulting.
Mario’s training was fully covered by local donations.
But now, as a Christmas gift, Mario will be Dylan’s full-time service dog.
“The instant bond that they had was just incredible,” Dylan’s mom said. “I’m thankful that I’ve gotten to take this journey with my son.”