From Judy Garland’s Beach House to President Obama’s Vacation Beach House, if you’ve got a couple million dollars lying around then you’ve got the opportunity to buy some of the most historic celebrity mansions.
Here’s a list of five celebrity mansions that have recently been put up for sale to the general public.
1. Judy Garland’s Beach House – For $3.695 million you can purchase Dorothy’s vacation home that she bought in 1947 a few years after rocketing to fame for her role in ‘The Wizard of Oz’ and introducing one of the world’s favorite Christmas songs ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ in the MGM musical ‘Meet Me in St. Louis.’ Seventy years later and after undergoing a massive renovation in 2013, the 1,728-square-foot Malibu house on the sand is up for sale.
2. President Obama’s Vacation Beach House – At $17.75 million, you can live in a home that was once a place of relaxation for the leader of our country. President Obama’s vacation rental at Chilmark Pond in Martha’s Vineyard is now available for the general public. With almost 7,000 square feet, the contemporary-style home includes six bedrooms, seven baths, a pool, three fire places, a half basketball court and a home gym. There is also a heated infinity pool and a private boat dock as well as three beachfront lots and a two-bedroom guest house.
3. Bruce Springsteen’s Jersey Home – Whether you were ‘Born to Run’ or ‘Born in the U.S.A., the family-home where Bruce Springsteen was raised from 1955-1962 can now be yours. For only $299,000 the Freehold, New Jersey home where Bruce Springsteen lived for much of his childhood is for sale. Another Springsteen-connected home in Long Branch, New Jersey where he wrote ‘Born to Run’ was available last year at $299,000, but sold for just $94,000.
4. Gerard Butler’s Medieval Apartment – Now you can truly feel like a spartan warrior in this famous actor’s medieval-themed apartment located in New York . Butler is asking $5.99 million for this Chelsea loft that is is a throwback to medieval days with wood-carved columns, 13-foot ceilings, castle-style furniture, distressed plaster walls with peeling and cracking paint, reclaimed barn wood, antique stone and iron. Quite homey for the actor who starred in ‘Dracula,’ ‘300’ and ‘The Phantom of the Opera.’
5. Adam Lavine’s Double Home – You have two chances to live where the Grammy Award- five-bedroom home in Holmby Hills that Adam and his wife, Behati Prinsloo, bought earlier this year for $18 million is listed at $18.9 million. The Holmby hills French Regency-style home includes 9,200 square feet and a two-bedroom guest house. Levine’s second house for sale is available at $15.9 million and is located in the Beverly Crest neighborhood.
For more information on theses homes and many others visit the detailed list at toptenrealestatedeals.com.winning lead singer of Maroon 5 once lived. Adam Levine has listed two Los Angeles homes for sale, the first is a