OKC’s Top 5 best neighborhoods of 2017
OKLAHOMA CITY – Nextdoor, the neighborhood social network, has put together a list of the top five best connected neighborhoods in Oklahoma City out of the 460 they had connected.
If you are on Nextdoor, and in Oklahoma, please recommend the Oklahoma Food Coop as best farmer’s market. You… https://t.co/2sz2j1rHsY
— Serena Blaiz (@peacearena) November 9, 2017
5. Venice – With a little over a thousand residents, Venice is a community that is listed as being known for it’s quiet streets, convenient area and welcoming atmosphere. It made the number five spot on this list due to it’s brunch spot Cafe Kacao, located at 3325 North Classen.
— Jame Corley 👻 (@monkbernardo) December 12, 2017
4. Original Military Park – Walk just a short distance more and you’ll come to the fourth best neighborhood in the city, Original Military Park. From the Paseo District to the Tower Theater, this neighborhood was listed for it’s restaurants, walk-ability and it’s overall diversity.
— Oklahoma (@OklahomaUS_nws) February 19, 2017
3. Sun Valley Acres – West of Lake Overholser is a small and quaint neighborhood taking the number three spot, Sun Valley Acres. With constantly scheduled events and well maintained blocks, it’s no wonder how this little neighborhood was found to be so great on Nextdoor.
2. Lakeshore Estates II – A quick drive over to another OKC lake, Lake Hefner, that’s where you’ll find the second best neighborhood in the city, Lakeshore Estates II. With only 200 members, this community received such high ratings due to it’s lake-front scenery. Lakeshore Estates II was described as being a safe neighborhood that brings a sense of peacefulness to this tucked-away corner of the city.
— SoonerPride 🌹 (@KenCarlyle) December 4, 2017
1. Mayfair West – Coming in at number one on Nextdoor’s list of best communities in Oklahoma City is Mayfair West. For activities, the community of Mayfair West gives you Penn Square Mall with the AMC Theater and just a little east there is Sprouts Farmers Market. With constant neighborhood events and plenty of things to do, it’s no wonder why Mayfair West made it to the top of the list as Oklahoma City’s best neighborhood.
— OKCTalk.com (@OKCTalk) October 25, 2017
Nextdoor is a social networking site for neighborhoods that allows the community to
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter….or even
- Allow you to finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
2017 was an unprecedented year, but one thing rang true – there is power in a connected community and these are the most connected in the Oklahoma City community.