Officials: Oklahoma couple homeless after home explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROFF, Okla. – An elderly couple is now picking up the pieces after their home exploded on Thursday afternoon.

Around 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, firefighters were called to a home in Roff following a reported house fire.

When crews arrived at the scene, the home was already engulfed in flames.

Roff Fire Chief Jeremy Grissom told KXII that an electric heater too close to a couch likely started the blaze. At that point, the flames spread to eight oxygen tanks and a propane tank, causing the home to explode.

Fortunately, no one suffered any major injuries in the incident.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.