This contest has ended.
KFOR-TV’s Thankful 4 Teachers Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN.
ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE NOMINATION FORM AND PROVIDE TRUTHFUL AND PERTINENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. DISQUALIFICATION IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF SPONSOR (defined below).
KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV (“Sponsor”) will conduct the KFOR-TV’s Thankful 4 Teachers Contest (“Contest”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Contest constitutes Nominator’s (defined below) full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Rules. The Contest is intended for play in the United States only and is void where prohibited and outside the Contest area set forth below. Do not participate if you are not eligible and located in the United States at the time of participation.
- Eligibility:The nominator (“Nominator”) must be a legal U.S. resident, 18 or older, and reside in the Oklahoma City Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company (the “Contest Area”).
The teacher nominated by the Nominator (the “Teacher”) must be a certified K-12 teacher in the Oklahoma Public School System and employed as a teacher in the 2018-19 school year. Employment status will be confirmed at time of awarding of prize. A Teacher may nominate another Teacher but may not nominate himself/herself.
Employees of KFOR/KAUT, Tribune Media Company, Air Comfort Solutions (“Prize Provider”), High Five Media, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate as either the Nominator submitting the Nomination or the nominated Teacher. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren and their respective spouses, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Nomination Period: The Nomination Period for the Contest begins on Friday, May 18, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. CT and ends on Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Nomination Period”).
- Contest Participation:All Nominations must include an essay by the Nominator about “What makes this Teacher so outstanding?”(the “Nomination”). To enter, visit www.KFOR.com and click on the contest tab. Click on the KFOR-TV’s Thankful 4 Teachers Contest graphic and accurately complete the official Nomination form, by submitting your name, address, telephone number, email address, teacher’s name, teacher’s school, and a short essay about why the Teacher being nominated should win this Contest. In other words, what makes the Teacher so outstanding? Nominations must be submitted during the Nomination Period. The Nomination must be in English. Limit one Nomination per Nominator, although a Teacher may be nominated by more than one Nominator.
- Submitted Materials:By submitting a Nomination, the Nominator represents and warrants that the Nominator has all rights necessary to submit the Nomination, and that the Nomination is the Nominator’s own original creation, has not been previously published, does not violate the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy and copyrights), does not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, does not contain inappropriate, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content, and in no other way violates any applicable laws, as determined by Sponsor. The Nomination must not portray any dangerous activity; must not disparage a Teacher, school, school employee, or Sponsor; must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Nomination is created. Nominations that do not comply with these Official Rules, the foregoing representations and warranties, or the Nomination website’s Terms of Service will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Nomination at any time that in Sponsor’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Each Nominator agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. By submitting a Nomination, each Nominator grants to the Tribune Broadcasting Company, LLC, its affiliates and entities, including Sponsor, and its affiliated Web sites and broadcast stations a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from his/her Nomination in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Nominators further grant rights in their Nominations as set forth in the Terms of Service on the Contest Website. Nominators otherwise will retain all rights to their respective Nominations.
5. Selection and Notification of Winners:After the close of the Contest Period, a panel of judges will judge the submitted, eligible Nominations and select 10 winning Nominations The judges will select the winners based on the following criteria: communicating how the Teacher goes above and beyond to impact the lives of his or her students, communicating specific examples showing what the Teacher did to impact the school community, and the level of Nominator’s appreciation for the Teacher. If there is a tie for the 10th winning position, the judges will re-judge the tied Nominations to determine the winner.
The Sponsor will attempt to contact the winning Teacher’s school to make arrangements to film a surprise visit from the Sponsor and winning Nominator (the “Prize Event”). News stories announcing the verified winning Nominators/Teachers may take place the weeks of August 20-24, 2018 and August 27-31, 2018 and may air one per day Monday – Friday during KFOR-TV’s News 4 at 6 pm.
Winning Nominators (and the Teachers they nominated) will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by applying the criteria set forth above to all remaining eligible, non-winning Nominations if: (a) the Nominator or the winning Teacher’s school cannot be contacted/does not respond within 48 hours of Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (b) winning Nominator or Teacher does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winning Nominator or Teacher does not adhere to the Official Rules; (d) required documents and/or required identification are not provided by winning Nominator or Teacher by deadline established by Sponsor; and/or (e) prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused or declined. Sponsor may film and broadcast the Prize Event (defined above) in the winning Teacher’s school. Each school shall be responsible for securing permission from any student, staff, or faculty member recognizably depicted in the video package. All students within the classroom may be required to return a waiver form and/or permission slip signed by a parent or guardian prior to the date of the Prize Event. If a Teacher or school is not willing to cooperate or the principal of a winning Teacher’s school is not otherwise willing to allow his or her school to appear on-air, that winning Nominator and Teacher will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined as set forth above, time permitting. Winning Nominator and Teacher must conform to generally accepted broadcast standards (determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor) and dress appropriately for school in order to participate in the Prize Event.
- Prizes:Each winning Teacher will receive $5,000 awarded in the form of a check from Prize Provider. Total approximate retail value of all Teacher prizes $50,000. There is no value in participating in (or broadcast of) the Prize Event, and, if it does not occur for any reason, no alternate prize will be awarded. The winning Nominator will not receive a prize.
- Prize Acceptance/Restrictions:Only one winner per household. Winning Teachers and Nominators are subject to verification by Sponsor of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and (for winning Teachers) Social Security number, and winning Teachers may be required to undergo (and pass) a background check. Failure to pass the background check may result in disqualification. Winning Nominators and Teachers may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity, and winning Teachers may be required to provide a completed W-9, per Section 9 below and each must do so within seven days of the date Sponsor sends such documents to winning Nominator and Teacher. Prizes cannot be substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, provided a sufficient number of eligible Nominations are received.
- Publicity Release:By participating in the Contest, each Nominator acknowledges that his/her participation in the Contest constitutes that Nominator’s consent to Sponsor, Prize Provider, High Five Media, and their licensees and assigns to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions) in connection with the Contest, each winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- Taxes:The value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize Provider will send a 1099 form to each winner at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded. Sponsor will have the right, but not the obligation, to require any winner to complete and submit an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until the completed W‑9 form is received.
- Conditions:Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the entry portion of this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Nominators, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of Nominations per these Rules, (c) the Contest becomes corrupted due to interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service for any reason, or (d) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. If Sponsor terminates the Contest during the Entry Period, Sponsor will post notice of its action on the Contest website and award prizes, which will be provided by Prize Provider, by applying the criteria set forth above to eligible, non-suspect Nominations. By submitting a Nomination, Nominators represent that the Nominator is eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest. Any Nominator who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be disqualified if discovered by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Nominator at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Official Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Sponsor, Prize Provider, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no Nominator will be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Contest. Sponsor will have the sole discretion to administer the Contest and interpret and apply the Rules. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. If there is any conflict between any term of these Rules and any marketing or other materials used in connection with the Contest, the terms of these Rules will govern.
- Indemnification/Hold Harmless:By participating, Nominators agree: (a) to the Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which will be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, Tribune Media Company, Prize Provider, High Five Media, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, delivery, possession, misuse or use of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), or from participation in and/or creation of a Nomination for the Contest and/or the broadcast or exploitation or use of Nomination or any other Contest-related activity; and (c) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
- Limitation of Liability:The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes, (b) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (d) failure of any Nomination to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (d) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (e) mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including but not limited to failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of Nominations, traffic congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, electrical outages, on telephone lines, on the Internet, at any website, or application or lost or unavailable network connections or natural disasters or acts of God or man, which may limit a Nominator’s ability to participate in the Contest; (f) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (g) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of Nominations and/or Nomination information, (h) Nominations that are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (i) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by Nominator. Any expenses incurred by the Nominator during the Nomination process are the sole responsibility of each Nominator, and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
- In Case of Dispute:By submitting a Nomination in the Contest, Nominators agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with submitting a Nomination in the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any Nominator be permitted to obtain any award for, and Nominator hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you in whole or in part. All Nominators agree, by participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Oklahoma, which will be the exclusive fora for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Contest. Oklahoma law will govern this Contest, without regard Illinois’s choice of law rules.
- Official Rules:To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73114 by August 31, 2018. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) at KFOR/KAUT’s business offices or online on the Contest website.
- Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Thankful 4 Teachers Winners List, KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73114, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours (Monday – Friday, between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) after August 31, 2018. Requests must be received by no later than 60 days after the end of the Contest Period.
- Rights Reserved:The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Contest and Contest website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property of Sponsors.
- Sponsor:KFOR-TV/KAUT-TV, 444 East Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73114.
- Prize Provider:Air Comfort Solutions, 908 Messenger Lane, Moore, OK 73160.