MOORE, Okla. -- A woman and her two young children are without a home following an apartment fire that destroyed everything they own.
Firefighters were called to the Nottingham Square Apartments in Moore around 6 a.m. on Friday after residents smelled smoke in the air.
"I thought I lost them. I really did, I thought I lost them," Ana Lozano told News 4.
That fear was floating through Ana Lozano's head as she watched her apartment go up in flames with her two young children still inside the building.
"We weren't even doing anything. Just sitting on the couch and then I just decided to go outside and charge my phone with my sister that was in the car," Lozano said.
Lozano said there were several burning candles inside her apartment.
"My daughter was asleep in my room on the bed and the first thing I did when my sister's boyfriend came out, I was so, 'Oh my God, where's Lili at?'" Lozano said.
She ran right to that bedroom window to pry it open and get her daughter out.
"She's a very deep sleeper and she didn't answer and I was like screaming ,which was hard because I couldn't see. I couldn't breathe and she finally was like, 'Huh?'" Lozano said.
Meanwhile, her sister's boyfriend made sure her 4-year-old son made it out safely.
All three are okay, but they lost everything and now have nowhere to live.
"At first, I thought they were going to give me another unit. I called and they said they were not going to be able to relocate me because, pretty much it started with the candles," Lozano said. "Tonight, we have plans to go to a shelter."
She thinks her son may have knocked one of the candles over. Even so, she expected the apartment complex to help.
"Accidents happen but I mean, I didn't expect that to happen. I mean you never expect that to happen," Lozano said.
News 4 called the apartment complex and have not heard back.
Local attorneys tell us it's likely there was a stipulation in her lease stating she'd be evicted for any kind of property damage.