OKLAHOMA CITY – A space heater is likely to blame for a house fire that injured a woman and killed four pets.
It happened around 8 a.m. Thursday near I-35 and S.E. 15th on Carter Drive.
"It's crazy because it can happen to anyone. They probably didn't think that would happen to them when they went to sleep," said Carrole Jackson, a neighbor.
The homeowner was trapped inside, until a neighbor went to her rescue.
“This gentleman that lives right here in this house, he had to pull her out. He had to break glass to get her out, get her out of the window. I heard she burned her back pretty bad,” said David Lynn Emerson, another neighborhood.
"Once we arrived on scene, we had a report from one of the neighbors that there was a lady who lived here and she was supposed to be in the structure and that she had some pets inside," said Batt. Chief Greg Lindsay.
The homeowner was treated for smoke inhalation and is going to be okay.
All four pets that were inside the home did not survive.
"They're little puppies. They got a big one that's a pit bull. They don't know where it went," Emerson said.
Fire crews believe the space heater is to blame for the blaze.
Now, the community is trying to spread love and support to their neighbor.
"I just hope God will watch over them and keep them in his prayers, everybody keep them in your prayers," Jackson said.