Dog rescued, reunited with owner following fire at NW Oklahoma City apartment complex

OKLAHOMA CITY – A dog was reunited with its owner after being rescued from an apartment fire at a complex in northwest Oklahoma City.

Firefighters responded to the Crest Park Apartments on Tuesday just before 9:45 p.m. after receiving multiple calls reporting an apartment fire.

When crews arrived, they found heavy flames from a downstairs apartment that was beginning to spread to the second floor.

While searching the apartments for any possible victims, firefighters rescued a dog from a second story apartment above the fire.

There were no reports of any injuries.

The cause of the fire was determined to be from hot grease left being unattended on a stove.

The Oklahoma City Fire Department reminds resident of the following safety tips:

  • Be on alert! If you are sleepy or have consumed alcohol, don’t use the stove or stovetop
  • Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, grilling, boiling, or broiling food
  • If you are simmering, baking, or roasting food, check it regularly
  • Keep anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop. (oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, etc.)
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.