Made in Oklahoma: Mushroom and bacon alfredo
Rich Alfredo sauce is taken to the next level with the addition of Oklahoma-produced mushrooms and bacon!
- 1 package Bar-S Bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 box Della Terra Pasta Rigatoni Khorasan
- 1 tablespoon Hiland Butter
- 1 cup quartered J-M Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Shawnee Mills All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ½ cups Hiland Heavy Cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 to 2 egg yolks
- Cook the bacon to a golden brown, pour off the excess fat and remove bacon
from the pan, reserving it for later.
- Prepare the Della Terra Pasta. (Be creative with your pasta choice; any of their
pastas would work well with this recipe.)
- Using the same pan used to cook the bacon, add the butter and gently saute the
mushrooms until slightly brown. Lower the heat, and stir in the flour, mixing gently
until it has absorbed most of the fat. If it is a little dry, add more butter.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, add the chopped garlic, stir for just a minute to release the
aroma. Add the salt, cream and bacon, and gently mix until it comes to a gentle
simmer. Let it bubble until it’s a nice sauce consistency, all the while stirring gently.
Remove from heat, and add pasta, folding in to coat.
- Serve and top with freshly cracked pepper and grated cheese. You may or may
not want to top this with one or two egg yolks, which you can mix in giving the
sauce a traditional richness.