OKLAHOMA CITY – A fire at a vacant apartment building in northwest Oklahoma City caused approximately $10,000 in damage.
Firefighters responded to the scene Saturday just before noon near NW 16th and MacArthur.
When crews arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from a building.
Officials say two apartments at the rear of the building were engulfed in flames.
Fire investigators classified the fire as accidental due to a warming fire, meaning somebody was inside trying to stay warm.
Even though the building was vacant, there was one battery-operated smoke alarm working in the building.
There were no reports of any injuries.