Oklahoma Watches and Warnings

Child treated for smoke inhalation following apartment fire in Oklahoma City

OKLAHOMA CITY – Crews say a young child was treated for smoke inhalation following an apartment fire in northwest Oklahoma City.

Just after 2 p.m. on Monday afternoon, firefighters were called to an apartment fire near Hefner and Council Rd.

Fire officials said they could see smoke coming from the building, and evacuated residents at the complex near the fire.

Authorities say a child was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but did not have to be transported to a nearby hospital.

Investigators say the fire started near a heat lamp, which was being used to warm two pet turtles. One turtle and a snake perished in the fire.

The fire has been ruled accidental.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.