Edmond Police release new details surrounding deadly shooting of 17-year-old suspect; friends remember the teen

Data pix.

EDMOND, Okla. - Edmond Police held a press conference on the events leading up to officers fatally shooting a 17-year-old suspect.

Friends close to the suspect name him as Isaiah Lewis.

Lewis was rushed to the hospital where he died from his injuries.

His girlfriend and classmates tell News 4 they’re still piecing this confusing story together.

“There are two girls, two white ladies. I guess their boyfriend is beating up on one of them,” a 911 caller said.

A woman called 911 after her neighbors ran to her front porch in a panic.

She then hands the phone to Lewis' girlfriend, Kamri Pollock.

“You can come to my house and check everything out but my boyfriend just flipped out,” Kamri Pollock said on the 911 call. “I have no idea what's going on.”

Pollock told the 911 operator her boyfriend – Isaiah Lewis – was acting off Monday afternoon.

“I just want to know what he was on,” Pollock said.

Moments later just blocks away from the first call, there were reports of a man running in the street and hopping backyard fences.

Callers said the man was naked.

“He’s headed westbound,” a 911 caller said. “Now, he is in the creek.”

Police searched for more than an hour before spotting him breaking into the home of a complete stranger.

An Edmond officer was forced to shoot after a fight broke out between Lewis and police.

“Our use of force training is initially hands on and then to deploy a taser,” Jenny Wagnon from the Edmond Police Department said. “And we know both of those happened and then firing the hand gun is protocol if the first two are not successful.”

One officer was injured, suffering a head injury.

He has been released from the hospital.

Both officers involved are on paid leave.

Meanwhile, Lewis’ friends tell News 4 they knew their friend in a different light.

“He was never mad,” Lewis’ friend said. “If you were ever having a bad day, he always made you laugh.”

Police, Lewis’ family, and Pollock are all in communication as the investigation into what happened inside the Edmond home begins.

“I didn't want to believe it was him, and I still am in denial,” Pollock said.

Witnesses say they saw Lewis throw drugs over a fence.

Police did confirm they found drug paraphernalia.

Edmond officials unsure when the investigation will be completed.

They also add they are unsure if the two officers were wearing body cameras inside the home at the time.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.