OKLAHOMA CITY – Even though summer is just around the corner, a local school district is taking steps to make sure that students are fed even when they’re not in class.
The Oklahoma City Public School District announced that it is participating in the Summer Food Service Program.
The district will provide nutritious summer meals at no cost to students at several locations.
The following schools will serve breakfast and lunch meals, Monday through Friday, from June 3rd through June 28th:
- NW Classen High School- 2801 NW 27th St. in Oklahoma City
- US Grant High School – 5016 S. Penn Ave. in Oklahoma City.
Breakfast will be served from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., while lunch times will be announced soon.
The district will also serve lunch at the following locations, Monday through Friday, from June 3rd through July 26th:
From 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.:
- Reed Park/ Splash Pad- 1217 N May Ave. in Oklahoma City
- McCracken Park – 425 SE 64th St. in Oklahoma City
- Youngs Park- 4601 S. Youngs in Oklahoma City
- PAL Center/ Draper Park – 3816 S. Robinson Ave. in Oklahoma City.
From 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.:
- McKinley Park – 1398 NW 13th St. in Oklahoma City
- Wiley Post Park – 2021 S. Robinson Ave. in Oklahoma City
- Woodson Park – 3402 S. May Ave. in Oklahoma City
- Hathaway Center/ Park – 3730 S. Lindsay Ave. in Oklahoma City.
Food will not be served on July 4th or July 5th.
Officials say food will be served to all children up to 18 at no charge.