OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – The holiday shopping season is right around the corner, so it’s time to fulfill those Christmas wish lists for those you love! But, before you send off their gift, there are deadlines you need to know about.
The U.S. Postal Service released its 2019 holiday shipping deadlines earlier this week.
The Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines for expected delivery by Dec. 25 to Air/Army Post Office/Fleet Post Office/Diplomatic Post Office and domestic addresses:
- Nov. 6 — APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP Codes) USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 9 — APO/FPO/DPO (ZIP Code™ 093 only) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 11 — APO/FPO/DPO (all other ZIP Codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail services
- Dec. 14 — USPS Retail Ground service
- Dec. 18 — APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express service
- Dec. 20 — First-Class Mail service (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 20 — First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 21 — Priority Mail service
- Dec. 23 — Priority Mail Express* service
- Dec. 18 — Alaska to mainland First-Class Mail service
- Dec. 19 — Alaska to mainland Priority Mail service
- Dec. 21 — Alaska to mainland Priority Mail Express service
- Dec. 19 — Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail services
- Dec. 21 — Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail Express service
The Postal Service says their busiest time of the year is two weeks before Christmas.
Beginning the week of Dec. 9, customer traffic is expected to increase, with the week of Dec. 16 – 22 predicted to be the busiest mailing, shipping and delivery week.
Click here for more information.