ATLANTA (AP) — Thousands of people jammed roads for miles in Atlanta on Sunday to try to get boxes of food and gift cards donated by entertainer Tyler Perry.
Tyler Perry Studios said they had enough boxes of canned vegetables and $25 gift cards for 5,000 families to drive through and pick up.
The studio said it was out of food by 10 a.m. Sunday.
The line started forming Saturday and at one point stretched for 5 miles (8 kilometers) south of downtown Atlanta, media outlets reported.
Volunteers in protective equipment were handing out the food and gift cards.
- Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame Welcomes Class of 2021
- Yukon man facing 90 years in prison after string of alleged storage unit break-ins
- Oklahoma City bank employee accused of stealing nearly $50,000 from elderly customer
- Oklahoma family calling for more answers after kindhearted teen daughter’s death ruled suicide
- ‘I want to be an inspiration to others’: Lee on making history in Tokyo