ATLANTA (AP) — Thousands of people jammed roads for miles in Atlanta on Sunday to try to get boxes of food and gift cards donated by entertainer Tyler Perry.
Tyler Perry Studios said they had enough boxes of canned vegetables and $25 gift cards for 5,000 families to drive through and pick up.
The studio said it was out of food by 10 a.m. Sunday.
The line started forming Saturday and at one point stretched for 5 miles (8 kilometers) south of downtown Atlanta, media outlets reported.
Volunteers in protective equipment were handing out the food and gift cards.
- US puts 8,500 troops on heightened alert amid Russia tension
- ‘American Idol’ alum David Archuleta says he can’t ‘pretend like everything’s fine’
- Did you know Only 5 Winter seasons in Oklahoma City with less than 1 inch of snow since records have been kept.
- Democrats push to pass climate change policy
- “They’re desperate,” Catalytic converter thieves bitten by OKCPD K-9 and arrested on business property