OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – While social distancing can help you avoid exposure to coronavirus, the lack of seeing family and friends could negatively impact your mental health.
The American Heart Association has a few tips for dealing with stress that may result from social isolation.
They say it’s important to:
- Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Find ways to stay connected with family and friends.
- Keep to-do lists to help you focus on your most important tasks and stay motivated.
- Find ways to be physically active every day.
- Make time to learn a new skill.