There are things all over our homes that are bad for us.
While many of us assume they are in the junk food cabinet, experts at AARP say there are nine specific items that you need to get rid of immediately.
- Stretched-out bras – A well-fitting bra improves your posture and can help reduce neck and back pain.
- Margarine – A moderate amount of real butter is actually better for your health.
- Old nonstick pans – If your pans are pre-2006 or scratched, it is time to replace them..
- Canned soup – A Harvard study found that eating canned soup for five days caused a 1,000 percent increase in your body’s BPA level.
- Unused gadgets – You can recycle items on the EPA’s website or try to sell them.
- Toothbrush – Toothbrushes can collect germs so they should be replaced every three months.
- Expired vitamins – They won’t make you sick but they lose their potency over time.
- Worn towels – You can donate those unwanted towels to animal shelters for pet beds .
- Leftovers – If it is older than four days old, throw it out.