LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY)- A 10-year-old Lafayette boy is spreading holiday cheer for a good cause.
“My fundraiser is on Friday, December 4 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. right here in my driveway,” Emile Myer said.
This is his second year setting up his pop-up hot cocoa shop and donating the proceeds to a local nonprofit.
“We will accept $2 for paper cups and $10 for my mugs, which have the masked reindeer on the front,” he explained.
This year, Emile picked an organization he felt was deserving.
“I chose the Boys and Girls Clubs of Acadiana because of their programs and mentors for kids just like me and all over the community.”
Last year, Emile donated $2000 to St. Joseph’s Diner.
He does want to let everyone know that he and his parents will be wearing masks and they ask everyone to stay in their cars.
If you can’t make it, you can donate online here https://fb.me/e/fDIXN9vgp
- Homeland Scholar Athlete of the Week – Aaliyah Moore
- State senators argue over plans to move Medicaid onto managed care contractors
- 4 juveniles in custody, guns seized following police pursuit of 2 vehicles in Norman
- 2-year-old child found in backseat of vehicle involved in 115 mph chase through metro
- Asylum-seekers express optimism over Biden presidency, confusion about their status