BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The FBI has arrested two Florida women accused of being involved in the sex trafficking of minors.
The Broward County Human Trafficking Task Force arrested Hollywood resident Kiara Nunez, 21, and Coral Springs resident Alexandra Ramirez, 19, last week.
Court documents allege the women were sex trafficking two 15-year-old girls from Oct. 2019 through Jan. 2020. Police recovered one of the girls during an undercover human trafficking operation at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 29.
Police said that an online advertisement from the Ft. Lauderdale area promoting sex in exchange for money tipped them off. The ad reportedly contained nude images of young females, later identified as the victims in the case.
- Police say ex-girlfriend shot boyfriend’s current girlfriend after dispute
- Two families displaced, one firefighter in hospital after fire
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Sunday’s cold front to bring cooler weather, strong storms to Oklahoma
- State lawmakers respond to U.S. Supreme Court nomination