4-year-old dies after tragic accident with cinnamon powder

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

[protected-iframe id=”a406036ee32b4794208f44eea1521da7-29519643-62065474″ info=”http://WLEX.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=70449;hostDomain=www.lex18.com;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;clipId=11567873;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay” ]

RICHMOND, Ky. – The parents of a Richmond, Kentucky child are planning a funeral after they say he accidentally swallowed cinnamon powder.

Brianna Radar says her 4-year-old son, Matthew, was a climber. Wednesday morning he explored the kitchen at her apartment. While exploring, he got his hands on powdered cinnamon and began putting it in his mouth.

What followed next, the coroner says, was a tragic accident.

“He started choking, it was like he was having a seizure and just collapsed,” says Radar.

The 4-year-old was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead an hour and a half later, according to WLEX.

The coroner says cinnamon can cause asphyxiation when inhaled.

 

Report a typo

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Popular

Follow @KFOR on Twitter

Border Report

More Border Report