MILL CREEK, Okla. – A 7-year-old Oklahoma boy who was hospitalized after being bitten by a rattlesnake is now recovering at home.
Colt South, 7, was bitten in the leg by a rattlesnake near the Big Rock area in Mill Creek earlier this month.
He had to be airlifted to an Oklahoma City hospital for treatment.
Colt’s mother, Jessica, told KXII that her son stepped on the rattlesnake because it was hidden under leaves and it didn’t rattle.
She said her son was given many bags of anti-venom and had to have blood transfusions during his hospital stay.
The young boy also bravely battled the pain and swelling that continued to move up his body.
After about a week in the hospital, Colt was well enough to head home.
His mom is asking for prayers as the boy goes through physical therapy and wound care.
Colt continues to get better by the day and is determined to go back to school before Christmas break, his mom said on Facebook.