8-year-old boy dies after getting head stuck in neighborhood gate

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAS VEGAS — An 8-year-old boy died on Tuesday after getting his head stuck in his neighborhood’s automatic gate.

The boy apparently became stuck as he was trying to crawl through an open space where the gate’s automatic arm, according to Las Vegas Police.

“Another child on a bike rode over the sensor that activated the gate as the boy was crawling through,” police said in a news release. “He couldn’t get out in time and was crushed by the arm of the gate.”

The boy was transported to a local hospital with severe injuries. He later died.

 

Report a typo

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Popular

Follow @KFOR on Twitter