90-year-old man escapes from burning home in S.W. Oklahoma City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY - A 90-year-old man escaped from a burning home early Tuesday morning.

Around 4 a.m., firefighters were called to the 2400 block of S.W. 33rd St.

When crews arrived, smoke was showing from the front of the single-story home.

Firefighters entered the home and were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

The resident, a 90-year-old man, was able to make it out of the home safely.

He was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation.

He was later transported to a local hospital for further evaluation.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen on the stove.

No word on estimated damage at this time.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter