Accused ‘peach cobbler shooter’ claims self-defense

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

RED BANKS, Miss. — The accused 'peach cobbler shooter' is speaking out after a squabble over the dessert led to a shooting.

The incident left one man recovering from a gunshot wound and another man behind bars facing attempted murder charges, according to WREG.

Stanley Woodson said the alleged victim, Logan Novascone, didn't tell the whole story when he said Woodson was mad his cobbler didn't have more peaches in it.

"He put me in fear for my life," he said. "He came over with something behind his back."

Woodson said remarks and fear of the unknown object he claims was hidden behind Novascone's's back is what pushed him to draw his gun.

"He said 'I told you I will kill you.' I said 'Why do you want to kill me? You don't even know me,'" he said.

Woodson said the confusion started over his craving for a sweet treat.

"I went into the store," he said. "I wanted to get me a little peach cobbler."

But, he said he wasn't happy with the amount of peaches that was on his cobbler.

"I said, 'Ma'am, could you put more in there and fill it up?'" he said.

He said he didn't curse in the exchange, but things did get out of hand.

Once he threatened to file a complaint, he was kicked out of the store. He claims that's when the victim started picking on him.

"I never made an advancement," he said. "I never said a word inside of the store."

But, outside of the store was a different story. Both of the men agree they exchanged words, and Novascone denies pulling out a weapon.

Woodson said otherwise and he only pulled out his fiance's gun to protect himself.

"I shot in the ground," he said. "Then, I realized he had a big old Dutch knife."

Woodson admits he fired about seven times but said he never intended to hit Novascone, who wound up with a wound to the back.

Woodson said he owned up to his part in the crime right away.

"I went and talked to my family, called the sheriff's department and turned myself in," he said. "That's what I did."

Woodson will be in court Monday morning.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter