(CNN) — Several sailors were injured after an explosion on board a ship at the US Naval Base in San Diego, according to the San Diego Fire Department (SDFD).
The sailors are being treated for a variety of injuries after the explosion on the USS Bonhomme Richard, according to SDFD’s official Twitter account.
Firefighters are battling a three-alarm fire on the ship, Muñoz said. Several different agencies are working to fight the blaze.
It’s unclear what started the fire. Officials called for San Diego Fire Department’s assistance Sunday morning, SDFD’s Mónica Muñoz told CNN.
This is a developing report.
- OU archaeologists uncover buried building in ancient Mexican city
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Oklahoma City church giving away stuffed turkey legs to those in need
- Guthrie organization giving food to those in need
- Two nurses honored as ‘Superheroes in Scrubs’