This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATE: An arrest affidavit is giving more insight into a bomb threat at an Oklahoma school.

On Jan. 15, Washita County dispatch received a 911 call from a man who identified himself as Dallas Horton.

According to the affidavit, that man told dispatchers that he placed a bomb in the refrigerator of the Sentinel Head Start and that the bomb was set to go off at 8 a.m.

At that point, officers forced their way into Horton’s home.

Once inside, Sentinel Police Chief Louis Ross was shot several times by Horton, who was taken into custody for questioning.

After being questioned by OSBI agents, authorities learned Horton didn’t make the bomb threat.

On Jan. 20, officers questioned James Holly about his alleged involvement in the bomb threat.

“Holly confessed that he used Horton’s name and called in the bomb threats to 911 because he was angry with Horton,” the affidavit claims. “Holly told OSBI agents that he used two separate non functioning phones so that the phones could not be traced back to him.”


SENTINEL, Okla. – Officials have made an arrest in connection to a bomb threat made to an Oklahoma school.

Authorities say 27-year-old James Edward Holly was arrested  for allegedly calling in a bomb threat to the Community Action Center in Sentinel, Oklahoma.

The Community Action Center is a head start program for children in the area.

An officer investigating the bomb threat was shot four times after entering a home where officials believed the bomb threat came from.

When Chief Louis Ross and Washita County deputies went to the home of Dallas Horton to investigate the threat, Chief Ross was shot three times in the chest and once in the arm. A bullet proof vest he borrowed just moments before is credited with saving his life.

Friday afternoon we learned that bomb threat did not come from the home where the shooting took place.

“The person who called 911 used Dallas’ name. Law enforcement to my knowledge can’t confirm that the call came from his house,” Mayor Sam Dlugonski said.

Agents believe Horton was unaware it was officers who made entry into the home.

After an intense investigation, James Edward Holly was arrested Tuesday and booked into the Washita County Jail on a complaint of making a bomb threat.

The district attorney will determine if Holly will face any other charges.


See a mistake? Report a typo.