Art show hopes to give homeless residents a ‘fresh stART’

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – An art show in Oklahoma City aims to help the homeless who are hoping for a ‘fresh start.’

On Friday, visitors can head to the Homeless Alliance to take part in the ‘fresh stART’ show.

The event is designed to help provide people who are experiencing homelessness in Oklahoma City with a creative environment where they can create their own art.

The artwork will be for sale with 80 percent of the proceeds going back to the artist. The other 20 percent is retained by the studio to offset the cost of the supplies.

The art show is set for Friday, Aug. 10 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.  at the Homeless Alliance, located at 1724 N.W. 4th St. in Oklahoma City.

The event is free and open to the public.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter