Authorities: Edmond teen high at time of fatal accident

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EDMOND, Okla. – Authorities have confirmed and Edmond teen who died in a fatal accident last month was high from huffing a can of compressed air, the type used to clean computer keyboards.

Landon Burger, 18, died in a car wreck about a month ago on Conltrane Rd.

His Jeep swerved into a ravine, hit trees and flipped.

Burger played football for Yukon high school before moving to Edmond.

A toxicology report indicates Burger had Difluoro-ethane in his blood at the time of the crash.

It’s a refrigerant commonly used in cans of compressed air.

Authorities said they believe he may have lost consciousness behind the wheel due to extreme intoxication.

In Your Corner

More In Your Corner

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter