Boys beaten inside high school bathroom

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

YALE, Okla. -- One family is demanding answers after they said their son was attacked at school.

"I drop off my son in school everyday and when I put him in the school's hands he's under their protection. I shouldn't have to worry about him and his safety," said Ken Murie. He now worries about his son everyday when he leaves for school. He said his 13 year old was attacked by two senior football players. School officials called him after fight.

"They told me my son went into the hallway to get a drink and he saw the two high school boys and they started running at him and he ran in the bathroom because he was afraid," said Murie.

Moments later he said the beating began.

Murie said, "They cornered him in a stall and started beating him with a ping pong paddle. He said they hit him 17 times. Then they went after another boy and started to hit him with their fist and kicking him."

Muire said the upper classmen locked him in the bathroom. He showed News Channel 4 pictures taken after the incident.

"The doctor confirmed that he had contusions to the head. He's gotten a knot behind his ear He's got a contusion to his lip," said Murie. He showed showed paperwork from the doctors office.

Muire said this has been a rough two years for his son. First his brother Ryan Smith, a football player at Edmond North broke his leg and later died from a blood clot. A few months later their mother died in a car accident. Now - being bullied at school his breaking his spirit.

"He was afraid to tell me because he was told that if he did this it could be worse. This isn't just bulling this is assault and battery," said Muire.

News Channel 4 tried to talk to school administrators about the alleged incident. We approached principal Bobby Rose. At first, he stated he was not Mr. Rose but when others standing nearby pointed him out he finally admitted he was in fact the principal. He then swiftly walked away not answering any of our questions. We spoke with superintendent Steve Shanks who said "No comment" and also walked away.

The family filed a police report. However, the chief said the report won't be ready for a few days.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter