Cigarette to blame for fire at popular Oklahoma City bar

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Investigators say a discarded cigarette is to blame for a small fire at a popular bar early Thursday morning.

When crews arrived at Tapwerks Ale House around 2 a.m. on Thursday, they found a small fire in the bathroom.

Officials say the fire created a light, smokey haze throughout the building.

Investigators say they believe someone was smoking in the bathroom and threw down the cigarette, which lit some paper on fire.

The small blaze was quickly put out, limiting the damage to the bathroom.

Fortunately, authorities say it’s only a few hundred dollars worth of damage.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter