This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
It’s football season! This spicy, delicious queso is sure to score a touchdown with every game.
May be made ahead and reheated. Serve with tortilla chips. Yum!
- 1lb beef or pork Chorizo sausage
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 C chopped white or yellow onion
- 8oz American cheese (such as Velveeta)
- 1.5 C half & half
- 2 T chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or more - to taste)
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 - 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t salt
- Shredded cheddar
- Chopped cilantro
- Add Chorizo, onion and jalapeño into a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté until Chorizo is browned and crisp and vegetables are softened. Set aside.
- In a pot, combine cheese, half & half and spices.
- Slowly heat over medium- medium low heat until Cheese is melted. (May also do in a slow cooker if desired)
- Stir occasionally.
- Fold in Chorizo mixture and chipotle peppers.
- Garnish and serve warm.