This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
This side dish is easy, quick and impressive! It is a fantastic side dish for a special occasion or when something “different” is desired.
*Serves 6; recipe may be doubled.
- 1 C Grits
- 4 C water
- 1.5 t salt
- 3 T butter
- 3 T heavy cream or half and half
- 3/4 C grated Parmesan
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Smoked paprika for garnish
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Slowly stir in grits.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook grits until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in butter and Parmesan.
- Stir in cream/half and half a little at a time until thoroughly blended.
- Add black pepper and garlic powder; stir thoroughly.
- Transfer to serving bowl (or individual plates) and garnish with smoked paprika sprinkled on top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!