This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
This potato salad recipe is perfect for summer and compliments any gathering. The recipe serves 12-16. Don’t plan on having leftovers. It is a sure hit!
- 5 lbs red skin potatoes, washed, skin on, cut into small wedges
- 2.75 C Mayo
- 1 C chopped celery
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped – including a bit of the green
- 2 T dill pickle juice
- 1 T ground mustard
- 1 T cider vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1.5 T dried dill weed
- 1 t salt
- 1 t coarse cracked pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- In a lidded pot, bring enough water to cover potatoes to a boil. Add potatoes, cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until desired firmness. Drain and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk sugar, mustard, garlic and cider vinegar together. Fold in mayo, salt and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
Add remaining ingredients and toss thoroughly.
- Refrigerate 5-6 hours before serving.
This recipe may be both halved and doubled.