This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
This quick and easy recipe is sure to be a favorite fall snack.
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped – should be 12 C)
- 1/3 C butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3 T water
- 2.5 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place popped corn in a large mixing bowl.
- Have two cookie or 1/2 bakery sheets ready.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, sugar and water over low heat, whisking constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Add spice and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Drizzle over popped corn and toss thoroughly, until hot mixture is evenly distributed.
- Spread corn in one layer over the cookie/bakery sheets.
- Place in oven for roughly 20-25 minutes, tossing or stirring once after 10-12 minutes.
- Corn will be crisp when ready. Allow to cool before serving and enjoy!