OKLAHOMA CITY-Looking for an interesting and different way to use fresh cantaloupe? This salad has a fresh, zippy taste and combines the usual with the unexpected. It’s delicious!
This recipe serves 4-6 and is delicious!
• ½ cup olive oil
• ¼ cup white wine or 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ½ large cantaloupe, rind and seeds removed, flesh cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
• 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
• ½ cup unsalted, roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
• ¼ cup chopped mint
Combine wine, olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Whisk thoroughly. Add cantaloupe, cucumber, and jalapeño. Toss to coat; allow to rest, uncovered for 15 minutes. Just before serving, toss in fresh cilantro, mint and pumpkin seeds. Serve moderately chilled or at room temperature.