OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A clinical laboratory is offering fast, saliva-based COVID-19 testing ahead of Thanksgiving.
Wheeler Labs, 655 Research Parkway, Suite 383, will conduct drive-thru testing from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday.
“The saliva-based tests are $125, and no appointment is necessary. Results will be available by midnight at Nov. 25 for the first 300 people tested,” a Wheeler Labs news release states.
Individuals who plan to participate in testing are advised to not eat, drink or use tobacco within 30 minutes of the test.
Test-takers will receive kits with instructions, submit samples from inside their vehicle and deposit samples at the on-site collection drop box when finished, the news release states.
The following is Wheeler Labs’ description of the test’s accuracy:
- Sensitivity = 97.1% In other words…
- We will identify an infected person 97.1% of the time
- A positive result is correct 97.1% of the time
We will miss an infected person 2.9% of the time
- Specificity = 98.2% In other words…
- We will accurately tell an uninfected person they are negative 98.2% of the time
- A negative result is correct 98.2% of the time
- We will report a false positive result 1.8% of the time
- The accuracy of the test is highly dependent on the SARS-CoV-2 information provided by the CDC. This is the same scientific basis and similar accuracy for any test that may be called a “gold standard test” “PCR test” “RT-qPCR test” “qPCR test” or “RT test.”
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- City of Oklahoma City Utilities customers concerned as water shutoffs return
- What’s inside President Biden’s Oval Office?