Child treated for smoke inhalation following apartment fire in Oklahoma City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Crews say a young child was treated for smoke inhalation following an apartment fire in northwest Oklahoma City.

Just after 2 p.m. on Monday afternoon, firefighters were called to an apartment fire near Hefner and Council Rd.

Fire officials said they could see smoke coming from the building, and evacuated residents at the complex near the fire.

Authorities say a child was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, but did not have to be transported to a nearby hospital.

Investigators say the fire started near a heat lamp, which was being used to warm two pet turtles. One turtle and a snake perished in the fire.

The fire has been ruled accidental.

In Your Corner

More In Your Corner

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter